Home \ Forums \ Addictions \ 70 Reasons Why Life is Better without a Heavy Marijuana Habit

564 replies, 295 commenters Last updated by Profile photo of reverie reverie 1 week, 3 days ago
  • Profile photo of Paul HudsonPaul Hudson
    @paulhudson

Thanks for this list, it provides me with some good things to tell my friends when they try to claim that there’s “no danger” in smoking pot. Still, I’d like to add to what you said about depression. I think that quitting marijuana can reduce depression in the long run, but I know some people who have gotten more depressed right after quitting. It’s important for people to understand that they may have to go through a withdrawal period, and that they need to stick it out to stay clean in the long term. Staying clean for good allows their serotonin levels to return to normal levels.

• Profile photo of HempShareHempShare
      @hempshare

Enjoy your Chronic Cannabinoid Deficiency Syndrome (cancer).

• Profile photo of I.Love.WeedI.Love.Weed
    @iloveweed

I have to disagree with your outlook on pot…countless studies have determined the harmlessness of the drug..propaganda isnt cool, you should read a book

• Profile photo of Labrook61Labrook61
      @labrook61

Who wouldn’t love to be in a haze all of the time? If we were meant to be, we’d have been born stoned. Get a life.

• Profile photo of Anon 1234Anon 1234
      @anon1234

We are meant to be stoned all the time… Our brains have developed filters which ‘turn it off’ you could say. Cannabinoids bypass the filters of your neurological transmitters.

• Profile photo of TheTruthIsOutThereTheTruthIsOutThere
      @thetruthisoutthere

We’re not meant to be stoned all the time, infact we’re never MEANT to be stoned (and justifying having endo-cannabinoid receptors is just another faulty belief, or denial statement for our reasoning over our pot habit). It’s only when through combustion, eating, or vaporizing weed of our own physical accord do we become stoned. And like Ladbrook said, yeah it’s nice to “mask” reality when things become sh*tty, but if we were stoned all the time, speaking from experience as an ex-heavy pot smoker life becomes eventually unmanageable as your pot habit does. It’s one ugly cycle that does your mind, lungs no good and the ability to deal with life the way we were meant to when we were born, NOT stoned.

• Profile photo of festeranecusfesteranecus
      @festeranecus

Yes, let’s deal with life the way we were meant to when we were born: Naked, screaming, covered in blood and filth, and utterly helpless.

• Profile photo of JaneStrangeJaneStrange
      @janestrange

Spoken like a true, liberal atheist. Read the word of God, it says nothing of the sort.

• Profile photo of Johnny NemoJohnny Nemo
      @johnnynemo

Ahh you have birth trauma.

• Profile photo of SomeGuySomeGuy
      @someguy

And you’re mentally challenged.

@johnnynemo

Not when i communificating with you. Of course i have to drop from 137 to what are you about 60ish? hahahaha the laughs real by the way. heres a new game for you: stir-up the pothead. hahahaha. oh you fellactios crack me up.

@someguy

If we’re talking iq mine’s 156. gtfo, troll.

• Profile photo of reveriereverie
      @reverie

… Filth? Try vernix. A newborn is coating in a protective film of vernix. Anyways, you.. like the previous posters.. are on a self help site simply to be condescending. How rude.

• Profile photo of AndrewAndrew
      @andrew_1

If only they’d hot boxed the nursery!

• Profile photo of weeeeeeeeeedweeeeeeeeeed
      @weeeeeeeeeed

and live in caves or whatever natural shelters we could find.. ugh our world is so artificial who gives a rats anoose what we put in our bodies. We eat inedible meat treated with dangerous chemicals daily and consider that OK! Why hate on weed so much? It’s not going to make you obese or anything. If weed were completely accepted in society, the only struggle would be overcoming the slight loss of macro focus. That can easily be overcome though. You just have to BE A MAN! (or a woman) you get my point

@reverie

So does arsenic.

• Profile photo of KC.303.BRINGITONKC.303.BRINGITON
      @kc303bringiton

Stop being a jesus-freak and face facts, life is hard and everyone needs a out. You say “get a life”, but, in reality, you who has no matter in being here needs to get a life. The StonerNation is trying to state our side of Mr. Lee’s opinion, just because you grew up the kid that no one wanted to hang out with because you were a prick doesn’t give you the right to tell another to “get a life”. On the other hand, defending I.Love.Weed, I do have the right to tell YOU to get a life. If you hate weed, fuck off. This isn’t time to hate on God’s Gift, it is time to end the reign of hate brought upon by people like yourself and Mr. Lee. Labrook61, you are just a flamer. I, on the otherhand, smoke a lot of weed and am sick of people telling me it “dopes me down”. Fuck you and everyone whom is like you Labrook. Get a full ride to any college sober and then talk shit. I did it baked as a cake. I assume the “61” in your name suggests when you were born, well you just got told (in proper english and grammar) by a college stoner who got a full ride. I’d like to see you become half the man I plan to be and then talk shit. 52 years old and flaming on the internet, sad.

@hempshare

Hey clown. Do the research. YOU WERE BORN STONED. Mom’s milk is loaded with cannabinoids. Your brain produces THC-like substances which allowed researchers to discover Anandamide and 2 Arachidonal Glycerol (2AG), and the Endogenous Cannabinoid Receptor System. Don’t be such a dumb fuck next time.

• Profile photo of John LeeJohn Lee
      @john

My opinions as the author aside, in this instance you’d be more disagreeing with the outlook on pot of a bunch smokers who listed the benefits they experienced from stopping on a quitting marijuana forum. See the footnote to find the original source material.

• Profile photo of AntbeaAntbea
      @antbea

Seems to me u came to this site for a reason? Do u really believe that the use of any drug comes without consequence? Plus would like to have the name of
      some of these and or studies u speak of

• Profile photo of MrsCarlMrsCarl
      @mrscarl

Look up CANNABINOID HYPEREMESIS. It’s NOT harmless for everyone dude.

• Profile photo of DudemanDudeman
      @dudeman

Another benefit from quitting he failed to mention was the words “dude” and “man” are replaced with a person’s name, which eludes to more meaningful relationships.

@johnnynemo

hehe thats what i thought too.

@andrew_1

I have to imagine that you chose the name “Dudeman” based on the content of your post. But if not, that’s pretty funny.

Also, it’s “alludes”. Also, “alludes” is not the best word for what you’re getting at. Maybe something like “indicates” or “points to”?

• Profile photo of naturalhighnaturalhigh
      @naturalhigh

dude, I dont smoke at all, and i say dude and man all the time…its not just pot heads, okay man

@johnnynemo

All you potheads are the same. Why cant you live without it? Life is fantastic as it is. I smoked the first 30 years of my life. The last ten pot free have been the best. Not imperceptibly better but exponentialy.

@someguy

Ah, yeah, I know your kind. You let pot handle your life. Let me inform you that not all people are born with mental shortcomings such as your own.

@johnnynemo

hehehe….. yes mr potato head… I mean mr pothead.

@reverie

We have our own troubles that we tried to medicate away with marijuana, but instead developed an unhealthy relationship with it. You don’t have to make people feel bad about themselves to make yourself feel better.

@someguy

I’m not trying to make myself feel better, I don’t have to. But when people take their own opinion as fact because of how they feel, it irritates me.

@reverie

These are facts for some people. Not everyone reacts to marijuana the same way as you, and you can’t speak for others because you’re not them. So, what’s a fact for you is not necessarily a fact for others in regards to this issue.

@andrew_1

Look at my post above about the two senses of “objective” and “subjective”. These are subjective effects insofar as they affect an individual’s mental state. That doesn’t make them any less real. It’s true that I experience x, but it’s not true that you experience x. That doesn’t make my experience of x a mere opinion. It means that my experience is mine and to describe it as such is true. It’s “true for me” insofar as it accurately describes my own mental states. It’s not “true for me” insofar as you could say with equal veracity that it does not accurately describe my mental states.

@someguy

You do acknowledge that you’re trying to defend the guy who said “all potheads are the same”?

• Profile photo of meme
      @me_4

why are you such a hateful person? just go masturbate your pain away…..

• Profile photo of Daniel ColbertDaniel Colbert
      @danielcolbert

“You potheads” if you smoked for 30 years, you are a pothead.

• Profile photo of Jp CoyleJp Coyle
    @jpcoyle

pie really? why pie?

• Profile photo of Greg VelsGreg Vels
    @gregvels

I have had depression almost all of my life,from about the age of ten,I recently turned 50.Pot was the only thing that made me happy but i needed it all the time not knowing why I was suffering and it was very destructive in my life.Counselling didn’t help in the long term .I went to a lifestyle retreat in the Gold Coast Hinterland called Gwingana Life Style Retreat, knowing inside I had to try something different.Little did I know how it would transform my life.I went there for a week ,after 2 days I was depressed and wanted to leave not knowing why I felt like I did,little did I know I was withdrawing from the pot.I spoke to the right people and stayed ,thankfully I stayed. Gwingana is a place of healing,organic food ,exercise, no alcahol and different types of therapies.I did a therapy called The Journey Process,very emotional.The next day I felt like I was walking more upright and when I walked was like floating across the ground, unbelievable! Even the staff noticed the difference.By the end of my stay I felt like I had never felt before.I decided to do a little experiment when I got home ,I lit up the billy and pored a drink,after a while I thought I don’t need this anymore,the next day I felt like shit so I kept smoking all week because it was there.I ran out a week later.The next few days I felt like I used to,crap and depressed,angry,I couldn’t understand why I went from the joy I felt to how I was feeling,I thought it has to be the pot so I googled marijuana withdrawl and found this site.After reading 70 reasons I completely understand and I am now faced with the challenge of giving up pot,as much as I love to smoke I will give up and look forward to a much more fulfilled life.I believe it’s different for everyone but if you think it does you no harm YOU ARE KIDDING YOURSELF ! as I did. I feel my life is about to start all over again and I now look forward to the rest of my life instead of wanting to end it ,which I have tried to do on a number of occasions.I hope someone reads this and it helps them to make the right decision and find a better life.

• Profile photo of lanidovelanidove
      @lanidove

Thank you so very much for this site.I have tried to quit my super heavy pot usage maybe 10 x in 43 years. I am now a old woman. A usually stoned old woman, who graduated highschool in 1969 , went to Woodstock etc. Etc. I thought that everyone else was all wrong. They have wine & beer and sweets and whatever. I felt totally ok. Till the last few years. I just go to the store and buy whatever i want. So I only smoke top shelf Indica. 5 joints a day. Trying to taper off. Not really into smoking. Wish I could be like Carri on Sex in the City. She smoked every once in a while. I cant sleep, I pee all night and pot is the only drug I can take. Even Advil is too much and not good for my stomach as
      I have severe IBS & a bladder problem. So,i.keep smoking to help me get at least 5 hours a night. Im so burned out. Tapering now. Only 4 hits today, not 4 joints. Yesterday I had one and half joints to smoke before bed. Its making me have panic attacks on it or off.
      So. I find this site. I read all the awesome amazing suggestions. I know them all. But this time I read them with a different mind set. Really open.
      Each one is a kodak moment in my stoner life that Ive let slip by or list out on or the list goes on.
      I always dont believe Ill go back to heavy use ,but it happens……… just that way.
      After reading this list and your post . Im sold. We need to make a movie of stoners lives so that it becomes a education and kids take a different path that leads to a whole life. Not bits and pieces of fragments of relationships and failures. Sure, Ive managed to be successful. Ive also really effed up most of those 43 years. All because I wanted to get high more than deal with life not high.
      This will be hard but Im ready to rock. Otherwise time to cash in my chips because my life has become void of just about anything fruitful because ganga always came first!
      Thankyou for your insight and courage to walk towards and grab hold of a life that really counts. No more excuses.
      Life is way more than being loaded. Really now. What is the pay off in the end. I feel like I got robbed . I want a real healthy life. I cant wait anymore. Time is running out on me. I hope someone reads this & maybe it will change their lfe as well. God bless us all.

• Profile photo of copycatcopycat
      @copycat

i’m wondering how you are doing stonerchick? i have similar experiences and am taking the plunge today, first day clean in a while. would love to know how the last 3 months have been for you. hope you are well.

@hempshare

Get Hemp Seed in your diet. It is the single best food for digestive issues.

Even better is Edezyme.

• Profile photo of Anonymous AnonymousAnonymous Anonymous
      Participant
      @anonymous

May I cordially suggest that you take your hempseed in the form of an enema.

• Profile photo of Allana marcelAllana marcel
      @allanamarcelbeauchamp

Hi : I’m cleaning up my act ! Looking fir a bright new future . Stoner free. I’m a addict . Not a casual pot head . Out if control . Looking forward to a life aware and alive and have more than a dime in my pocket . $120 a week x4 =480 + gas = $500 a month . The last vacation I took anywhere was 20 years ago . That sucks and I thought I was having fun and everyone else Didnt get it . The high only lasts till you come down . Your pockets are still empty !
      No life for me . If I could smoke a couple hits before bed . Awesome , no problem ! But I can’t . So this works . That doesn’t . Only wish I had awoken up a long time ago .

@hempshare

Hemp Nutrition SAVED MY LIFE.

That was only possible because Cannabis SUPPRESSED THE SYMPTOMS of my Ulcerative Colitis for 30 years.

Had I not smoked everyday, I would never have lasted to my epiphany.

Check out some of my stuff at hempshare.org.

• Profile photo of Mi-Cree-Ni Quash-MahMi-Cree-Ni Quash-Mah
      @micreeniquashmah

Addiction is a relative idea. by your post and cadence of thought I recognize you Sister your are not lost you are wandering looking for some light to guide your ship by. listen to my story and true testimony and perhaps we may find that light the one that always shines through.

I have found that I must pray, My father is the one that teaches the eagles to mate for life, My only mother is the earth and now you see all that I have become, there is not good, there is not evil, there is not time for guilt nor fear, and the only worthy pursuits are Knowledge and pleasure, governments and churches are what rob you of your freedom of thought but it is only your thoughts that are free.until you stand and become, This is why Marijuana was made illegal because it is the manna from creator. man has attempted to synthesize creation in order to gain control of nature and pervert her course to his temporary purpose.

Now I will start my testimony Just for you SC:

I am a First Elder of this Nation enrolled Kickapoo half San tee Sioux look me up Just so you know I am being truthful with you.

this story goes long before my part in it but some how I will begin.

at the age of 8 I was sent to chilaco Indian residential school taken by force from my grandfathers home on the reservation.

I ran away from the school was caught back at my reservation and sent to FT.Sill , ran away again caught again and sent to anadarko, ran away again and they left me alone until sophomore year in high school where I was given the choice of military or reform school and since reform school was not working I was enlisted december 25 1970? at the age of 17? I dont remember correctly that far back but there are records some where? you understand I am doing my best to be truthfull.

Post Traumatic Stress disorder is real and most of human beings suffer from some form of it.

today I am 63 I think; ‘birth records and social security numbers were confused by my parents and guardians as a child’.

although I was enlisted in the military I cannot access my military benifits nor my social security.

does anyone know what it means to always be an abandoned child?

well the churches that ran the residential schools that beat me for speaking my native language and tied my left arm behind my back because I was not right handed and preached at me that the medicinal and spiritual practices of my grandfather were Immoral and not human, that his form of love was pedophilia and incest and that the football coach that raped my older cousin which caused him to ingest alcohol in one sitting at the age of 12 until his death.was justified in his teaching practices?

so who was that child enlisted into the military?

I am still discovering today and without the use of cannabis I believe I am a danger to myself and my community and I live in a self restricted fashion so that I do not go to jail for losing my temper in public.

I was diagnosed by the American Medical Association with type 2 diabetes in 1991

like a good soldier I followed the prescriptions methodically. and blossomed into a 495 pound festering blob of yeast infected fat 65 milligrams of morphine every 6 hours that was when I told the Indian Health service I would not take anymore of their medicine.

they told me I would die, so I went home to die. only I survived because I began to pray to my father and mother again. Chemawa indian Health center Kaiser Oregon issued me a prescription to return to traditional medicine.

it is 2015 I no longer have blood sugar issues nor hypertension but the scars of nerve damage and my emotional temperament are Not stable I have attempted what you do to yourself because of guilt or fear. I have a different perspective on addiction

I grow my own medicine and given enough land I would grow all of my own food I would step away from corporate electricity and government. not that I am against government and social laws of conduct. But the current climate of politics fail miserably at offering any solace to the public at large. it is time to purchase weapons and dig in. I have recently reviewed the history of this WAR on this continent, since 1930 when prohibition and the hemp propaganda that resulted in the creation of INDIAN SCHOOLS to beat the medicinal and spiritual practices of indian children into submission.

HOW DOES THIS TIE TOGETHER. you look and read and answer yourself, because we have all been lied to by our government and we are on the verge of becoming a fail united state of communities.

You are experiencing what anthropologist describe as a species imminent knowledge of the threat of extinction.and it effects every eminent affect of your life.

now sit down and calm yourself anyway you can because clear thinking and positive action are all WE have left PAIN causes confusion the lack of pain allows for increased clarity of thought. but do not delude yourself there is an imminent danger recycling and environmental issues are on the edge of collapse. live simply so that all may simply live. this is why the grand castles in the mountains are always found abandoned. this is the beginning of true life. what man made ;edge will be important with the collapse of the economic systems world wide? learn to live within your immediate community develop strong spiritual beliefs and healthy environmental practices read be aware vote participate and listen. and perhaps we will all survive from what you learn and share with us? because we are still US for now.

• Profile photo of diannedianne
      @dianne

My mother is turning 80 in august. She has smoked since the early 1970s. It affected the lives of her children. She cared more about smoking then helping us with school or signing us up for extra activities. She could not be bothered. My brother is a heavy smoker as am I. My whole life my days off were spent smoking the days away, not leaving the house and being a loner. When I look at my mom now I see a woman who does nothing more then sit all day everyday watching tv and smoking. Her solution to all of life’s problems is to smoke them away. If I had a problem she would hand me pot. She gets irritated easily and has no patience to listen to her daughter and help her solve issues. If I visit her and I am happy and talkative she tells me I need to calm down an will practically force me to smoke a joint before she will talk to me.
      She tells me i have a mental problem and need drugs to calm me down.
      It has taken me years to realize that I do not have a mental problem.
      That what she views as a mental issue is just me being happy and in a good mood. it is she that has a serious pot problem and she who cannot handle normal emotions and needs to flatten everyone’s mood.do yourself a favor and go to an marijuana anonymous meeting and quit.

• Profile photo of DantheusedbestonerDantheusedbestoner
      @dantheusedbestoner

Beautiful comment this was an emotional read and has given me a motivation to quit. I hope everything is working out for you and your living life rather than life living you. My life begins on 1/10/2015. I’ve had 12 years off it, I’m done!

• Profile photo of ontherouseontherouse
      @ontherouse

How are you getting on? I haven’t smoked for three days. I’ve quit before but was always very ambivalent. I really want to do it this time.

• Profile photo of topper harleytopper harley
      @topperharley

if you really want to quit, then you will achieve it. if you continue to fail in trying to quit, you are not ready and should not be hard on yourself.

• Profile photo of StuieStuie
      @stuie

I am smoking right now, but I just found this and I am going to quit. This post and its conversations are amazing. If you or you or you are reading this at any point in time, thank you. You guys may have just turned my life around.

@topperharley

If being stoned makes you happy, get stoned. Do you really believe it’s illegal in all those places because authorities are concerned for your health and well-being?

• Profile photo of Blunted25Blunted25
      @blunted25

So did u quit…how have things played out in 3 years time?

• Profile photo of GuestGuest
      @guest_29

You’re using it as medicine, not to kill a saturday night.

@hempshare

You were self-medicating by repressing adverse memories. There is NOTHING WRONG with this, and anyone who chooses to, should have access to this Plant Medicine, rather than synthetics Anti-Depressants for the same purpose.

So your problem was NOT Cannabis, but that you had taken on a Persona to fit in with an Affinity Group. In doing so you gave up your Identity or Inner Self.

This is not a cause of Pot.

This is an Indoctrination by Society that one must always be becoming, rather than be ‘self’. The intention is to supplant the ‘self’s fitness of survival with a helpless ego-infused persona that has insatiable needs as opposed to the two human needs.

When you Acknowledge, Admit and Accept your ‘self’, you will find the path to loving you for all your greatness. This cannot be explored except from within.

@reverie

Right, most people with bad childhoods self medicate with marijuana.. but it doesn’t change anything. Marijuana actually prevented me from emotionally maturing and moving on. I’ve been sober off and on lately, and after being sober for a few days, I started experiencing natural highs and increased energy. I want that back. So, I’m breaking up with Mary Jane. She’s caused me more harm than good.

• Profile photo of Jevon bJevon b
      @jevonb

Yeah, the natural high’s are so good!!!! I feel the exact same way…..This generation is the worst, when it comes to smoking weed. Its a everyday thing now. It’s getting it’s bad reputation renewed with ” Ah, its not cocaine, so its ok to do” ……So, it is pretty difficult to quit, in a society where influence rules..Going with the crowd rules….So I see this generation as a test, to see who wants to survive, or who wants to just get high and let the world go by……I believe, this huge WEED craze is what’s going to expose grown-ups, from children in grown up bodies….

@hempshare

Moving on? To what? Debt Slavery? Enjoy that affinity group. Only your ego persona needs it, not your ‘self’.

• Profile photo of VugsVugs
      @vugs

“Debt Slavery?”
      Where does that come from? And what is it supposed to be aimed at? You know what an affinity group is, right? It’s a group of people, aiming toward one goal. You’re in one yourself – aiming toward the goal of legalizing and/or decriminalizing marijuana. So there’s that, smartass.

Honestly, this page has made me realize all of the things I’m missing out on by smoking weed all day every day, sitting at the computer, dicking around and not truly enjoying the raw human experience. Trying to rely on it for my apetite, my ability to sleep, my positive attitude…

This week I tested myself and went three days without. First day I felt shitty, didn’t want to do much – wanted to find weed. By the second day I was forgetting about it, only the smell/sight of it really getting me going (considering I live with somebody who tokes daily as well) – by the third day I wouldn’t think about it once until I could smell or see it. That is the only issue I’m having at this point – is getting away from it or having somebody hide it from me to keep things straight.

I’m not saying weed is bad. It’s great for some, not so great for others. It makes me slow, mentally and physically, and like the author it causes me to have some nasty memory issues. If you don’t have the same issues with pot as others do, then good for you, keep smoking. We, on the other hand, need to take ourselves away from these things to better enjoy ourselves. If that bothers you so damn much, you really need to take a hint from this article.

@hempshare

Yes. Nature is my affinity group. Cannabis is only prohibited because of the lies and fraud perpetuated upon it.

@reverie

No one here is saying that it shouldn’t be legal. I totally think it should be legalized, but that doesn’t change the fact that it’s addictive and can cause long term issues. No different than alcoholism or any other addiction.

@hempshare

You’re High. Cannabis CANNOT genetically-produce THC. It is no different than Romaine, or Spinach. Infant-Safe. You’re assumption that EVERY person has the intention to DECARBOXYLATE – THCA into THC – is infantile. Get out of your bubble.

• Profile photo of John DillingerJohn Dillinger
      @johndillinger

Long term issues? Could you be specific or were you just talking out of your ass?

• Profile photo of OMGiantsOMGiants
      @omgiants

Very different than alcoholism and other ‘hard core’ drug addictions. The only similarity is that they are both addictions and create adverse effects due to the addiction.

Participant
      @anonymous

“Debt Slavery?
      Where does that come from?”

I think you’ll find that comes from stoner logic.

@omgiants

Look at yourself being so aggressive, @hempshare is trying to make a very valid point, just approaching it in the wrong way. If you abused another type of doctor prescribed medicine or vitamin, and had an adverse effect because of soley that is it ok to ignorantly discredit the great effect it may have on some, simply because you lack full knowledge of the situation? Blind bashing and hatred helps no one.
      And I’m saying this as someone who stopped smoking, hates it for what it’s allowed me to do to myself and would never push it as a go to due to the ease of overuse & abuse it provides. But also as someone who doesn’t believe in pushing out ignorant, negative information.

@topperharley

A couple of weeks after you give up weed, all those new natural highs and enhanced experiences will have levelled themselves out. You will be exactly the same as you are now as a stoner.

• Profile photo of Silver stonerSilver stoner
      @silverstonernomore

Yeah hemp share! Stop trolling a site that people are using to try to quit smoking! I smoked for 25 yrs and have nothing but bad lungs and a weak heart to show for it. Not to mention poor memory function and isolation from people that don’t smoke. I’m embarrassed by what I have done and I think legalizing it is a horrible idea! So put that in your hemp share pipe and smoke it!

@hempshare

So your endogenous cannabinoid receptor system was activated and pronounced the effects of the poisonous diet you ate and you’re blaming this on smoking pot? Maybe the weed you had wasn’t strong enough to have medicinal effects to counteract the damage to your lungs like modern Potent Weed Does (Tashkin UCLA). Eat hemp seed and oil. Do the research. It will repair you heart with globular albumen, efas, and gamma tocopherol (Leitzer et al). AS for the bad lungs. THC aspirates the lungs after the initial onset of congestion. Please look to your lifestyle and find the true causes of your situation.

• Profile photo of drewdrew
      @drew

Your a dumbass

@hempshare

Indeed. And you’re intelligent saying so? No.

• Profile photo of tyty
      @ty_1

You’re the dumbass. Don’t call other people “dumb” when you do not even know how to use the correct grammar. 😂😂😂

@reverie

Now you’re just talking crazy nonsense. Pot is NOT medicinal. That’s just a myth that’s been perpetuated to legalize it. Sure, it may help you chill out, relax your nerves.. whatever.. a glass of wine will do that too. It’s all about the buzz you prefer. I eat healthy, organic, local, have a chemical free home, etc etc… and pot still did nothing for my asthma or any other illness I had. In fact, it complicated them. I was in the ER twice with pneumonia. I’ve been sober a year now and have caught two nasty respiratory illnesses and didn’t need ANY medical intervention. I know for a fact that pot negatively impacted my health. I also used to have chronic digestive issues when I was a pothead. I would smoke to relieve them. However, now that I’m sober I don’t have them anymore. Pot creates symptoms and then covers them up to make you feel like it’s medicinal. It’s not! Heroin addicts have chronic pain.. until they use more heroin. Same concept.

@hempshare

Incredulity is the World’s Punishment. Obvious in the absence of Science & Math humans like ‘reverie’ just can’t comprehend Science & Genetics, nor can they add these things up. Heroin is an Opioid. Opioids like Alcohol have the capacity to “arrest” the Central Nervous System (CNS). Cannabinoids do not. Absent the capacity to arrest the CNS, Cannabis is a herb, flower, leafy green. Lettuce. (NOTE: Folks this AGENT ‘reverie’ is attempting to get my goat that I might type ONE (1) incorrect statement they would then “revel” in exploiting. However, because I am the LIVING EFFICACY of MEDICINAL CANNABIS – AND – I discovered the: Ingredients required for 1) LIFE – Organic Material, Liquid, Energy, 2) The Universal Elements – Earth, Air, Fire & Water, 3) Tetrahedron, Hexahedron, Tetrahedron, & Icosahedron (4 of the 5 Platonic Solids), AND I have applied the Elements to the Star Tetrahedron IN Fibonacci Sequence to Solve the Endo / Exo Merkabah that projects the Aura of Life. These are ALL in Cannabis / Hemp demonstrating that CBD, THC, Edestin, CBDA, & THCA are all required – One Who IS Prepared can only conclude that – Cannabis is the elusive “Green Dragon”, “Green Poyson” & “Green Lion” – the Mineral, Magical, Angelical, Vegetable – Philosophers Stone. HempShare.com HempShare.org NoTHC.org AskHemp.org Cannabinetics.org – Take your pick folks. Further your knowledge of Truth & Transparency. It will set you free. :)

@hempshare

Of NOTE: Medicinal Cannabis ONLY works for those who are capable & adequate to heal their ‘self’. Cannabis is just a “Placebo”. It is a “conduit” that allows the “Good Thought” to resonate from the Platonic Solids THROUGH Structured Water mapping DNA to re-create LIFE with Organic Material, Liquid & Energy. I suggest a FIRST TREATMENT of food. Asthma is a food related allergy, and THC should not be decarboxylated unless it is necessary to ASPIRATE the airways. Otherwise the acidic nature of the “Lettuce” triggers Alkaline reaction in the body while Edestine triggers Hemagglutination to carry out the Virus & Bacteria. One cannot JUST smoke pot and think it will do anything other than what it does. Cannabis is a conduit, or mechanism that those who are PREPARED can use to heal their ‘self’. However, ONE must identify with a SELF, rather than FRONTING A PERSONA, or they JUST WON’T GET IT that ALL humans are in differing states of SICKNESS and THIS is why they all react to Cannabis in individual ways. Cleanse the system, and we all react to Cannabis the same. Modulation & Regulation of the Body’s Endogenous Cannabinoid Receptor System (ECRS). No More. No Less. The rest is up to the patient. Dead Food in = Death. Live Food in = Life. Simple Math.

Participant
      @anonymous

“Medicinal Cannabis ONLY works for those who are capable & adequate to heal their ‘self’. Cannabis is just a “Placebo”. It is a “conduit” that allows the “Good Thought” to resonate from the Platonic Solids THROUGH Structured Water mapping DNA to re-create LIFE with Organic Material, Liquid & Energy.”

What does this even MEAN, you demented hippy twerp.

• Profile photo of MD, Ph.DMD, Ph.D
      @mdphd

That. is. not. math. I think you should really consider stopping you cannabis use Hemp Share

• Profile photo of testtest
      @test

This isn’t even stoner logic… it’s the logic of a sociopathic asshole – get help. get a life loser.

• Profile photo of Dark HelMetDark HelMet
      @darkhelmet

hahahahahahahaahaha

@hempshare

You’re flat out an idiot. Go crawl back in Kevin Sabet’s lap.

@omgiants

Stay classy and positive sir, don’t feed into the hate.

@omgiants

While I understand and agree with you because I have had the same effect after I stopped smoking, saying that it is not medicinal simply because it only hindered and didn’t help YOU makes you ignorant and closed minded, with an obviously biased opinion on the matter.

• Profile photo of bob dolebob dole
      @bobdole

so, reducing stress, which is known to cause several adverse side effects in the human body is not medicinal? well fuck, hope someone tells all the people with anxiety.

• Profile photo of SmokewoodBluesSmokewoodBlues
      @smokewoodblues

Bullshit. Cannabis has been medicine long before it was ever illegal.

• Profile photo of LalaLala
      @lala

You are really making me realize something very important that there are people like you that doesn’t understand the freedom of living without drugs. It is real, it is absolutely real, you can live without drugs and feel intensely and love and be loved frankly.

• Profile photo of Matt JohnMatt John
      @mattjohnthomas

Nevermind my last comment. Thank you for being such an idiot, HempShare. When I’m feeling like I can’t take not smoking weed, I’m going to come back to your comments and it’ll remind me of the kind of person weed could make me, a closed-minded twat who thinks everyone has it wrong but them. So thanks again, you alone are enough reason to quit

Participant
      @anonymous

Superb comment.

@hempshare

Blame it on anyone but your ‘self’.

• Profile photo of johnjamesiannijohnjamesianni
      @johnjamesianni

Thank you. I feel the same. What a loser hempshare is.

• Profile photo of GuestGuest
      @guest_27

Been smoking for 20 years. My lungs work fantastic. Don’t blame pot for your lungs going bad, that was probably your problem. Try to eat good and keep your body hydrated.

@omgiants

Complete ignorance, scroll up and read some of the intelligence I’ve posted on the subject. Attitudes such as yours are just as bad as any ‘drug’.

• Profile photo of BillBoBillBo
      @billbo

Moving on to facing life with a clear head. Many chronic pot smokers (myself included, at one point) hold the naive view that smoking weed somehow enlightens you. How depressing the nervous system, being sleepy all day, not exercising, and avoiding certain social factions because they don’t share your desire to be stoned, could possibly help one become enlightened is beyond me. I don’t accept the notion that pot is evil or a killer, but it sure as hell makes most people who use it chronically lazy and reluctant to tackle life’s difficult issues. OP nailed it with the 70 reasons. Good on you bro..

Participant
      @anonymous

Very well said.

@hempshare

UNLOCKED MEDICINE CABINET > Real clear-headed there. You are in shock to believe you moved on anywhere. I bet you’re a real whiz at the Platonic Solids & Alchemy huh?

Participant
      @anonymous

Platonic Solids?!? Come on, Hempshare. What do tetrahedrons and cubes and so on have to do with whether or not it’s ok to get high?

@omgiants

And you would be avoiding many social factions because of your desire to NOT smoke weed. People always bring up points that can easily be turned around. And just because it effects you (and me) that way does not mean it effects all who use it in that way. The hatred and ignorance in this article just never seems to stop……..what the heck am I still doing here?!?? Lol

@reverie

No, moving on to become an emotionally stable person so I can provide a good life for my children. So I can be at peace with myself, understand why things have happened and not repeat them. Since I wrote that post, I have been sober almost a year. My relationships have improved drastically. I have more patience, understanding, energy and just feel great all around. I notice a HUGE difference in my relationship with my daughter. Her behavior has improved because I am sober. Being a parent used to feel like a burden, all the expectations and responsibility.. now I love it. I’m raising an emotionally stable, mature and loving person to go into society. I didn’t get that opportunity and I chose pot to deal with it.

And no.. no debt slavery here. I’ve also made better long term financial decisions since I’ve been sober, including purchasing a second home that I hardly have a mortgage on because my previous property generates a second full time income AND I work on the weekends at a job that I LOVE. A lot of good things have happened in the past year. I’m actually getting ahead for once.

@hempshare

It is too bad you can’t handle the plant. It isn’t for everyone. Some people are not capable, nor adequate to heal their ‘self’, but this is more likely because you don’t identify with a ‘self’, but rather a “persona”, or “front”, which is another issues entirely.

Participant
      @anonymous

No. You’re the loser. You can’t accept that someone else is better off without your precious weed. You think you have a better understanding of their pathology than they do. How pathetic.

• Profile photo of JJ
      @j

Hempshare… This is a place where people with a marijuana addiction are trying to seek help and comfort in walking away. Not for you to defend all the reasons you believe it’s good. I think you are on the wrong forum and you’re really doing a disservice to a number of people trying to make changes in their life. You said it yourself, it’s not for everyone.

@hempshare

There is NO SCIENCE to prove anyone has a Marijuana addiction. Just stop with the Agency. Cannabis cannot genetically-produce THC. Monetary Addiction has you all endorsing an unnatural life that you’ve been indoctrinated into. I will promote the GOOD ALTERNATIVE all I wish. Thanks.

• Profile photo of tyty
      @ty

What are you talking about? Cannabis produces THC.

• Profile photo of Internet AdvertisingInternet Advertising
      @internetadvertisingservices

You are… The worst.

@hempshare

Pill-popping Alcoholics limiting others to their filthy pharmaceutical choices are the worst. Please spare me the Agency.

• Profile photo of GallaghersGreekGallaghersGreek
      @gallaghersgreek

You come across as completely deranged and a rambling fool. I’ve met many like you in my life and line of work and I can assure you that your stoner logic is nothing but gobbledygook from start to finish to the rest of us. You use extended lists and bizarre sentence structure to try to give the impression you have some deep insight that no one else has, but may I suggest that you refrain as you are simply embarrassing yourself. Your incoherent rambling isn’t impressing anyone. You regard others who have kicked the habit as incapable and inadequate. Misery truly does love company! Good luck with your life I wish you the best, maybe one day you will realise that everyone else here may have a point, but for now you smugness is nauseating and your arguments are complete nonsense. At least if you die before the penny drops you will have lived a life of blissful ignorance. Slán

@hempshare

Meanwhile Cannabis, nor Hemp genetically-produce THC. Put that in your gobblygook and smoke it.

• Profile photo of DougyDougy
      @dougy

You’re so fucking close minded, it amazes me. We’re all here, not because we hate weed and think it should be illegal, I actually believe it does have some medicinal qualities that can and has saved lives, but we’re here because our marijuana use has made our lives less satisfying. For you to act like there’s nothing wrong with everyday recreational use is flat out wrong. The first time I smoked weed, I was in high school. I did it because I didn’t know what else to do, I wasn’t satisfied with my life and wanted to have a little more fun, while convincing people I was cool because of it. Bottom line, it made even lazier than I already was, got me suspended and my best friend expelled, made me not give a shit that my grades were poor (finished with 2.7 gpa, which I’m not proud of). These reasons and most of the things that the author of this post displayed, held me back from being the person I wanted to be, turned out to hold me back socially, and wasted a lot of time and personal potential that I can never get back. I don’t need a fucking science experiment or some bullshit blog protecting weed to tell me what’s right or wrong with it, and I’m sure everyone here, except yourself, would agree. We’re all trying to change our lives for the better and improve ourselves. I’m now in college and still trying to hold back my urges to hit up my dealer because I know it will be one of the best life decisions I’ve ever made if I keep up being sober from weed. I can understand your defense, considering you probably get some sort of benefits from defending it, but please just accept that there are legitimate CONS of marijuana use.

Participant
      @anonymous

Gallagher, I think you put that very well indeed. What a magnificent riposte!

Participant
      @anonymous

He’s happier with his life without your stupid plant. Get over it.

@hempshare

You are ALL blaming the GUN for shooting you. Funny shit. Pot Doesn’t GET YOU HIGH. YOU GET YOU HIGH.

Participant
      @anonymous

Thank you for your comments on this, that’s all the proof we need how devastating pot can be to the human brain, it has fried yours and it sticks out like a sore thumb, maybe read the article and the 70 points over again unless you really are too far gone to get the point.

@reverie

No sh*t, sherlock.. and this article is for people who don’t want to get high anymore. If only pot healed mental retardation…

• Profile photo of Matt JohnMatt John
      @mattjohnthomas

Sorry to be rude, but you sound like a real piece of work. I can’t stand stoners like you who think they have all the answers and it’s everyone else with the problem, not them. I’ve smoked almost daily for 10 years and while I can’t blame all my problems on cannabis, it’s certainly exacerbated them. I’ve survived, kept myself from becoming homeless, but done nothing of any true worth with my life and it’s largely because my motivation usually begins and ends with “when can I get stoned?”

Unlike many other drugs that have pretty uniform effects and patterns after long-term use, cannabis affects everyone differently. While Paul McCartney, for example, can smoke and manage to be one of the most influential musicians ever, some of us can’t manage to smoke and set a goal past buying our next sack. I’m not asking for your shoulder to cry on, just for you to have a modicum of perspective. Because really, who the hell are you to try discouraging people from quitting something clearly affecting them negatively, whether it’s weed, meth or chocolate?

I know this comment is a year old. But to any other would-be quitters out there, if it’s what you feel is right for you, DO IT! If you can manage to smoke without it harming your life, great, more power to you (so long as you’re being honest to yourself, unlike this jerk). But that’s not the case for all of us, and it’s not weakness to admit it, it takes strength and courage. It’s weakness and cowardice to deny it and hide from it. And it’s VERY weak and cowardly to act like this HempShare loser and discourage others from quitting.

I’ve been sober a week now, perhaps this message wouldn’t be so blunt if I weren’t going through very real mental withdrawals right now, but to people like this HempShare moron, go smoke your problems away and cry at the world for not conforming to your lala land standards. To everyone else, stay strong and don’t let losers like this bring you down. You can do this!!!

Participant
      @anonymous

Congratulations for a tour de force.

Congratulations also for your week of sobriety. I know very well how hard that is. It took me 25 years of repeated attempts to quit the weed. However, I finally did it, and will be 14 months clean tomorrow. You CAN do it. I wish you the very best in your attempt to stay clean of this pernicious substance.

@hempshare

Stoners? Dude, Hemp is at best “0.3% THC by Dry Weight”.

@omgiants

I believe he is against the ignorantly blind bashing of ‘weed’. If he was against anyone who needs to quit quitting then he is indeed a fool and I apologize for my defense of him. But I don’t think that’s the case, you all seem to be just jumping to the conclusion about his intentions.

• Profile photo of shannonshannon
      @shannon

I have smoked weed daily for over ten years…and found many aspects of it thoroughly enjoyable, but have now committed to quitting. I was under the impression that this was a site dedicated to those who CHOOSE to live their lives without marijuana; Hempshare’s comments are completely unwarranted and unwanted here. Sure, cannabis can be beneficial. Yes, it can lead to pleasurable experiences, but it also can lead to many negative side-effects. I think it should be completely legal, but that does not mean I want my children using it. I don’t know ANY chronic marijuana users who have accomplished anything worthwhile with their lives, and the fact that you are spending so much time on here defending someone who is trolling a site dedicated to helping people lead healthier lives is simply sad. Also…I have NEVER used prescription medication of any kind….unless you count an antibiotic I had about 6 years ago – in response to one of Hempshare’s genius insights into how we former potheads are now living our lives. How capricious!

• Profile photo of rollins3490rollins3490
      @rollins3490

Dont be so ironic, and angry. Your first post was insightful with some very important truths. But also telling of your position.

@hempshare

Wouldn’t it be ironic if you are angry? Some genes in the pool are lagging behind others. Nothing for any of you to be embarrassed about. There is plenty of company. Now progress or leave those of us who are alone! :)

• Profile photo of wowwow
      @wow_1

How ironic that one of your first comments was telling someone else about there ego issues yet here you are carrying on an argument for over TWO YEARS. Talk about ego, the fact that yours insists on having the last word should be a little eye opening. You clearly have issues man, like who carries on an argument online for a few days let alone years? It’s absolutely mind boggling.

• Profile photo of meme
      @me_4

I think I hear your mom calling you from upstairs letting you know that your hot pocket is done being microwaved.

• Profile photo of notajerklike younotajerklike you
      @notajerklikeyou

Why are you posting here? This page is for people who WANT to quit pot and lead a more natural and productive life.
      All you are doing is trolling this site and arguing with people about quitting pot. If you do not want to quit and do not agree with the mission of this page then move on. This is not a page to talk about the benefits of pot or for people who do not want to quit. Again why are you here ? You are a hater and a troll. Go away and leave the people who are serious about quitting alone.
      We do not need people like you here.

There is something seriously wrong with you.

• Profile photo of Jevon bJevon b
      @jevonb

I take this back , FUCK IT , smoke weed EVERYDAY cause Im lighting up right now ! SMOKE ONE !

@omgiants

An ignorant view, such as yours, is really what keeps us from moving on as a people.

@topperharley

i think you’ll find that the majority are the crowd trying to make you feel bad about choosing to use weed.

• Profile photo of sarasara
      @sara_2

i agree 100%. Pot has stopped my life. I wasted 30 plus years because of this habit. i am ashamed.

@omgiants

That is your choice (and the choice I have made as well) but THAT does not change the reality of what the person you have responded to has said. It’s near impossible to know if it was 100% the ‘pots’ fault that you were unable to emotionally mature, even if that may be the case with another individual. The main problem with marijuana is it’s easy to overuse and abuse without deadly side effects like other drugs or even some vitamins have. It’s all about moderation. But if you don’t need it, just like with other medications, you shouldn’t use it.

@topperharley

natural highs and increased energy vs emotional detachment and stoned oblivion. it’s a personal choice and anyone forcing you to give up needs to learn to respect other people’s lifestyle choices.

• Profile photo of ChrisChris
      @chris_7

Pot causes a lot of problems, don’t kid yourself

@darkhelmet

HAhahahahahaf;hs;ldhgfaha

home, WHAT.

Brah, no.

None of this makes sense.

Holy shit. I’m laughing so hard.

@darkhelmet

HAhahahahahaf;hs;ldhgfaha

homie, WHAT.

Brah, no.

None of this makes sense.

Holy sh it. I’m laughing so hard..

• Profile photo of chrischris
      @chris_11

Thanks for your input Greg , I actually feel more positive about quitting, I always thought it was only me that felt like shit with the dreaded weed, as much as I enjoy smoking, I now believe the benefits of quitting out weigh the negatives of not ..

• Profile photo of kidmarleykidmarley
      @kidmarley

hi Greg…im shoaib,18 and a heavy smoker,both weed and sigs.When i started it was a lot of fun but now after 3 months i feel depressed all the time.I feel so low while walking.Mood swings are there like all the time.I am trying to quit the herbs but its not so easy.After reading your story i have become stronger in my decision.All the best Greg, dont worry be happy

• Profile photo of edwinwoodedwinwood
      @edwinwood

where are you now with your drug free life?

• Profile photo of MrChumbongaMrChumbonga
      @mrchumbonga

Paragraphs would help too.

• Profile photo of AndresAndres
      @andres

I just read 70 reasons Life without marijuana… It opened my eyes and after reading your comment it gave me that extra gas to keep my motor running. I will continue to fight the urges to not smoke again. Thank you, it really makes a difference knowing that there are people who have felt what I’m going through.

• Profile photo of foleydvmfoleydvm
      @foleydvm

i did read it and I couldn’t agree more….clean one month

• Profile photo of MestopMestop
      @mestop

Thank you very much for sharing your story. I truly hope you have a good experience in your journey to stop smoking. I am going to tell you what someone told me a few days ago and today: now that you have decided, you will stop.

You have inspired me. I have been smoking for 22 years, and have been depressed for about the same amount of time; since the age of 15. I am afraid, and don’t know what I have lost and what I can have. I keep telling myself that it’s not the weed, even though I know I’m just trying to fool myself. And yet I give in. Thanks for sharing. Wish me luck.

• Profile photo of kennykenny
      @kenny

Thank you so much for posting this..

• Profile photo of diannedianne
      @dianne

Best of luck to you. I have done the same thing. Quit and then gone back and felt like garbage. Take note of your moods. i found that I would feel great and be in the best mood and then smoke a joint and then feel like a heavy dark cloud was pressing down on me. that is when I decided to quit for good.

• Profile photo of Gandalf Mcfrag'emGandalf Mcfrag’em
      @gandalfmcfragem

Thanks for sharing this, i came here looking for some thing to help me resolve my mind. I completely agree with you. I have been smoking a lot of pot daily since 2012 and I was in my 1st year in college…today when i spend time with myself and think my life through i remember vaguely, how different i used to be as a person before I started smoking it.
      I was resourceful, had a great social life, i could impress people who i worked for, make important contacts….and simply be more in touch with reality….I have despaired for a year and a half, though I cannot recall exactly when my anxieties started because of my pot use. I cannot agree with you more, and I shall now embark on the treacherous quest of finding back my former life. I have decided on a few hobbies and activities to focus myself on and overcome my withdrawal. I have made a firm resolution and I believe I will prevail, and overcome all the negativity.

• Profile photo of ontherouseontherouse
      @ontherouse

How are you getting on Gandalf?

• Profile photo of david jdavid j
      @davidj

Thank you for your post.I found it very helpful I recently quit smoking weed and I’m much happier with my life and not depressed anymore.I always thought it was helping me but I was so very wrong.

• Profile photo of Mrcosme27Mrcosme27
    @mrcosme27

These are very good reasons and I believe some people do not realize the effects of heavy smoking.. Or thinking their habit is not a problem. why not try to be sober , untill you no longer have any weed inside your body. Then you will see # 63. Truely exsists! I have felt naturally high just from being ok n a good mood , after a workout or even after a cup of green & black tea. Another strong point is #51 moods do crash after you come down from a high. Being in a good mood more often improves overall health because your managing stress , which can help you improve how you age. Just a thought … Thanks man this can really help open someones eyes to the benefits , not saying i think smoking is yiur byt its a personal choice.. And you never know letting go MJ even for at least right now can be extremely beneficial.. But then again .. You never know untill you try it right?Sacrafice now to chill later

• Profile photo of MartyMarty
      @marty

Author one thing you truly miseed ( out of 100 chances) unless I missed it. Is how much harder it makes it GETTING A JOB. BEcause detox drinks are a scam and it stays in your system for around a month( wish that wasnt the case) DT’s are stupid. But unless you have family or inside connection you have to factor this in.